Where can I go for more help?
Send us an e-mail to: sales@USBSoftProtect.com
How can I obtain an evaluation version of USBSoftProtect?
You can always download the latest evaluation version of USBSoftProtect on the download page.
How can I purchase USBSoftProtect?
Visit our Order page to purchase USBSoftProtect.
What are the system requirements to run USBSoftProtect?
- Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/VISTA/Windows 7 based PC.
- .NET framework 2.0 (or higher).
Can you describe user interface?
- Output Directory button – selects directory where folder with executable file will be saved.
- Open Directory button – opens directory where results can be found.
- Dlls button – opens new window where dll files needed for application under protection to work. Read it here.
- USB Flash Drive – selection of USB stick.
- Use Pin Code checkbox – allows to use pin-code in protected program.
- Crypt button – starts encryption of application or file.
- Cancel button – cancel encryption process.
- Help – you can look for help, about and register this program.
How to create protected executable file?
To create protected executable file you must complete such steps:
Start the USBSoftProtect.
- Input the USB stick.
- Select the destination folder.
- Select program or file that needs protection.
- Additionally you can add pin-code for the file.
- Press the crypt button to create executable file in destination directory.
My program needs some dll’s to work properly, how can i handle that?
USBSoftProtect suports adding dll files to your encrypted progam. Select your program and press the Add dlls button.
- Add dll’s button – you can add dll’s files.
- Remove dll – removes selected dll file.
- Remove all – removes all dll files.
What is the maximal size of file for encryption?
What kind of files your program can protect?
USBSoftProtect can protect files that have such extensions:
- exe (including dll’s needed for that exe);
- avi (video);
- mp3 (audio);
- rar, zip (archives);
- bmp, jpeg, jpg (pictures);
- MS Office 97-2003 file types;
- MS Office 2007 file types;
- OpenOffice.org file types.
If you didn’t find files that you want to protect in the list don’t worry – not all file types were tested yet.